Thursday, March 16, 2017

10 Things America Have That Sweden Needs

This is my own personal interpretation of what I have seen and/or experienced, which I think Sweden needs to "adopt" as their own.
And now I'm not only talking about the imported stuff from online web stores but that Sweden as a country import straight into their grocery stores nationwide.



1. Ranch Dressing

It's similar to Swedish garlic salad dressing, only a little less garlic taste. Americans love putting Ranch on nearly every meal and are often served equivalent to mayonnaise or ketchup at restaurants as a condiment.

2. PopTarts

Even though I've seen plenty of Swedish/American online shops with this as an item, I still strongly believe every Swedish grocery store and local food market needs PopTarts in their stock on the shelves.

3. "Bigger Clothes" In Stores

Even though I think Sweden is pretty good at distributing clothes for us "bigger people" - they could do a tad better. Especially when it comes to children and teenage fashion for those "heavier" sizes.
I still remember a comment of a former classmate in Middle School gave me:
"I like your shirt, my mom has the same one..."
I say - please consider bigger sizes than an L or XL as your biggest alternative. My fat ass won't fit that size of European 46-48 you're carrying.

4. Rootbeer & Cream Soda

Personally I haven't required a taste for either Rootbeer or CreamSoda, however, my husband always seems to complain that Scandinavia needs to distribute this in their stores.

5. Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar

This is, if not the only, my absolutely favorite restaurant and sports bar in the United States.
The perfectly grilled BBQ, the different drinks, and excellent service - you can't get any better than this!

6. Cornbread

There's nothing better than a delicious cornbread muffin to your meal
#LoveTheSouthernAmericanFood

7. The "Pay-it-forward" Method


In many cities, you can find yourself seeing homeless people asking the waiters and waitresses if there's a "pre-paid meal or coffee", which means that somebody before paid all expenses for the meal. Often to homeless people and others who have a rough time managing their survival. 

These people do it out of sheer kindness. And Europe, in general, should adopt this everywhere. 


8. Ordering online & Homedelivery


Some cities in Sweden have already adopted this method. You order yourself a pizza (in the States you can even order online) and then wait for them to bring it to your door. 

Obviously there's a fee that comes with ordering from home, but it's worth it. Especially if you're hungry and have no intention to get out the door, get over to your restaurant in mind, pick it up, and walk/drive all the way back home, and then it could be cold food too.


9. Volunteer (Charity) Work


Many people do charity work either through their school, their church or the goodness from their souls. 

Most people I've met in Sweden don't do much volunteer work unless they have to, and even then they might end up complaining about it or make excuses to why they can't or won't. 
If you look beyond yourself and your needs - you can do something for somebody else without being paid for it, it's called human decency and love.
I try to do some of my own when I can, help out in public if I see there's a need for it or at least ask if I can be of help.
Otherwise, I pick up trash from the ground sometimes and throw it where it was meant to be all along, in the trash.


10. Hospitality & Kindness

You don't see many Swedes today offer financial help, or pay for somebody's groceries, help them with a task for free, let them sleep over for a few nights, or even let people borrow things to help them in their days.
I'm not saying there aren't people in Sweden that do this, I'm just saying it's slightly more uncommon than compared to America.
Certain people I've met in the States are almost jumping out of their seats to help their fellow family member/friend/neighbor/coworker/stranger when they're in need.
And we should follow suit and be a little bit kinder to one and another, instead people find it easier to hide and hope things pan out for the best. Because they fear something bad will happen to them so they rather leave things be. It's simpler for them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Refashioning/Upcycling [the Swedish Flower Collection]

Hello ladies and gents! No, I am not dead, I'm very much alive and therefore this incredibly late update.  Between my regular job and h...